SEO, short for Search Engine Optimization, stands for a set of rules you can apply to your website for the purpose of more exposure and visibility to search engines. Some rules like speed, reliability, security, and dedicated IP, etc. are related to a web host and can be easily affect by them. Best SEO Web Hosting in below are several well-established web hosting companies with good reputation in offering SEO-friendly features and tools.
Top SEO Web Hosting
SEO Web Hosting Guide
As with the increasingly fierce competition in online market SEO is more important than ever. Search engines deal with millions of users each day seeking for solutions to their problems. No matter what kind of online presence you are running, a blog, an online store, or a web site, you should consider investing in your organic SEO to help grow your business and meet the business objectives.
The reasons can be listed as follows:
- Search engines grabbing more market share—As the majority of people are more likely to check online reviews prior to making a purchase, and being one of the top 5 suggestions in the results page usually means a greater chance to be visited. So if you are looking for gain visitors to your content website or customers to your online store, you need to rank as high as possible.
- Good SEO strategy improves user experience—While performing well-planned SEO practices to improve your SEO so as to reach higher positioning and organic traffic, you are centering upon optimizing usability as well as user experience of a web site at the same time.
- It increases user’s trust—Top positions in the search results of Google, Yahoo, Bing, or other popular search engines can help gain better trust for your web site and brand.
- SEO is good for the social promotion of your web site—People who find your web site by searching the main search engines tend to promote it on popular social media like Facebook and Twitter.
- SEO makes your web site more competitive—Naturally, the search engine optimized web site can have access to more customers and make more sales when two web sites are selling same product or service.
- It is cost-effective—Compared to the costs associated with other forms of online marketing such as social media marketing, PPC advertising, or purchasing list for an email marketing campaign, SEO creates fairly good overall ROI but with less money and effort.
What to Consider When Choosing a SEO Web Hosting
During your website development and marketing process, hosting with a reliable yet SEO-friendly web hosting solution plays a significant role. Whether you accept it or not, the success of your website is literally founded on the web hosting company you choose. The above Best SEO Web Hosting list gives you multiple recommendations on SEO web hosting providers. But you may be still confused about what essentially make them the best choice to go with. The following part is going to talk about what to consider when choosing a SEO web hosting.
Website speed has been a long known SEO factor as well as an item affecting on page SEO. Quick and responsive sites are more likely to scale search rankings. On the contrary, low load time is hugely detrimental to user experience, making slow sites easy to be dinged by giant search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
In order to improve your SEO while providing your visitors or customers with better user experience as well as creating more conversions, you need a fast-performed website. If a web hosting provider has high-quality hardware and a well-designed data center infrastructure is the main aspect you should concern when choosing a SEO web hosting, despite of an optimized website with correct coding and configuration set up.
Your SEO rankings will also drop when your web site keeps going down for a long time or frequently. Google and other search engines will not redirect the users to your web site if it is constantly unavailable. Therefore, having good guaranteed uptime seems extremely important not only to improve your SEO rankings but also to build your reputation.
If a web hosting company fails to offer you at least 99.9% network and power uptime to protect from customer and traffic loss, it’s best not to sign up with it. In addition, your web host must assure to fix any problems raised during your website running as quickly as possible, only that can you ensure your website stay accessible and play down the loss to the minimum.
The security of your website is incredibly important as hackers are keeping exploring new ways to upload malicious malware into your servers. A vulnerable web site can not only lead to the identity theft and loss of income, but also cause a bad reputation for your business. Therefore, you web hosting provider should ensure to give you the best possible security for your site.
First security feature you should take into consideration is the SFTP. Whether or not your web host comes with SFTP concerns if your files can be protected from being intercepted and modified.
You also need to make sure your web hosting solution has packaged a SSL certificate. An SSL certificate encrypts the path between a browser and a web server. It is an absolute must-have feature particularly when you have an e-commerce web site, since SSL is designed to secure some sensitive information as your customers’ personal files, credit card numbers, banking numbers, and more.
Another security feature to consider is the backup service. If your web host is able to provide regular backup of their servers or offer you a tool to backup your website on your own, you can have your web site recovered quickly and avoid losing visitors or customers.
Dedicated IP Address
Given that a website built on a shared server is most likely to share the same IP address with other websites handling high traffic. Your website speed will be largely affected when other sites have a lot of visitors or heavy content during a short period. One step further, your search engine ranking position with Google or Yahoo will be greatly influenced. This is one of the most important reasons why you need a dedicated IP address.
Meanwhile, sharing an IP address with another web site that has been marked as malware can also cause “null route” requests to the IP, making your web site unreachable at last. And if your web site is marked as malware by some anti-virus software, some false alerts against your web site will be displayed in most of modern browser. The best solution to solve such problems is having a dedicated IP address.
Though the modern technology has made it possible to have multiple SSL certificates installed on a shared IP address, you may also encounter with some issues with older versions of some rare and/or old browsers. Such case may lead to a message with information about untrusted connection included sent to your visitors. And dedicated IP address is a good way out.