Here we list out best WordPress community plugins to help webmasters integrate communities with WordPress and get visitors involved into their sites.
Communities are great for increasing website traffic. By gathering a large number of visitors and encouraging discussion between members, they link visitors and webmasters to be more closely and improves reader loyalty. WordPress community plugins help webmasters easily build community sites with WordPress. By easily setting up a blog and installing a proper community plugin, you can allow visitors to submit content, have a real discussion in post comments, and even combine with social networks.
Best WordPress Community Plugins
To help readers save time and simplify the selecting process, our editors have tested and reviewed hundreds of community plugins and referenced user comments. Finally, we come out the below options as the best WordPress community plugins.
BuddyPress is a powerful WordPress plugin that takes the self-hosted WordPress sites to integrate with social network and community features. It allows you to handle user profiles, user groups, activities, and others within WordPress blogs. So you can use it as a social network for schools, colleges or universities or a communication tool for friends, organizations or companies; and more. As a result, you can easily develop WordPress community with BuddyPress.
User Ultra is an ideal community plugin for building talented user communities in WordPress sites. It is very easy to handle, coming with flexible and customizable modules. Besides, you can use the Fields Customizer Tool to insert fields as many as you need.
This plugin has many powerful features, such as social connections, photo galleries, paid membership, responsive design, videos, rating system, friends, and more. It even has a premium version that includes some advanced features like followers, advanced user management, user online / offline status, user wall, custom CSS, my post listings, and so on.
FV Community News
FV is a Community News plugin developed for allowing visitors to adding related news from other blogs to your site. It supports for custom post type that has a featured image and tags. With both widget and shortcodes supported, the plugin enables you to display posts and news variously and sundry.
WP Bulletin Board
WP Bulletin Board is a useful plugin that combines WordPress sites with Facebook and Twitter features. It allows visitors to sign up on your site via Facebook and display the Twitter account on the website to attract followers. In addition, it includes a private messaging system that enables users to send messages to each other. With the full compatibility with the latest WordPress versions and all kinds of themes, this plugin is helpful and practical to build WordPress communities.
bbPress is a forum plugin developed by the founder of WordPress. With no doubts, it comes with complete compatibility with the WordPress software, and is very easy to build a forum on WordPress way. It is also fast, light, simple and customizable, making the simple WordPress blog to become a powerful community and forum.
WP-United : phpBB WordPress Integration
WP-United is designed to build up a social website by combining phpBB with WordPress sites. It takes use of the power of WordPress plugins and publishing system, and integrates with phpBB format. It features with user integration, template integration, behavior integration and even cross-posting. Finally, you can make use of this plugin to create a full-featured and attractive community website.
Talki Embeddable Forums
This is a comprehensive and easy forum plugin that simply adds a forum to WordPress websites and enables your visitors to start their own conversations. It is the simplest way to insert a forum page, message broad and discussing board to the blog. Besides, it also fully works with common used login system, such as Twitter, Google, Facebook, and so on, which makes visitors easily to be your members.
Muut – Commenting and Forums Re-Imagined
Muut is a modern and fast discussion platform that can be inserted into WordPress sites and customized to match your site. It comes with a clean and simple interface, lightweight framework, fast responding speed and responsive layout. As a result, you can deeply integrate it with your site and focus on topics you like.
DW Question & Answer
DW Question & Answer is a good solution to build a Q & A website with WordPress, like Stackoverflow or Quora. This plugin is highlighted for the provision of some noticeable features.
- With multi-languages supported, this plugin enables you to reach users from many countries.
- There will be a close relationship between users and your website, because users can vote and pick best answer.
- Since this plugin provides reCAPTCHA support, your website is protected from spams.
CM Answers has been trusted more than 2,000 users who want to add a Q & A system in WordPress, like stackoverflow. Just like many others, this plugin allows users to vote and answer the comments. However, it is possible for you to control the access of comments to your website with the purchase of the pro version. This can be completed through the limitations on the user role.
In addition, this plugin is in support for file attachments, allowing users to upload files in a discussion board format. Admittedly, the free version comes with many functionality. However, the premium version is much more powerful than the free one.
Why Build User Community?
With the aim to save much time for content creation, most of you want to have content generated by your customers from the front-end. In fact, there are more than one good reason to encourage user generated content.
- Your website content can be more relevant to your users. There is no doubt that your audience can better understand what your audience care much about.
- According to Demand Gen Report, three to give piece of reviews will be taken for reference before 47% survey respondents’ purchase of services or products.
- A closer engagement between you and your customers will be created. This is because customers will have a sense of being treated seriously. As a result, they are willing to spend more time staying on your WordPress site and listen to more voices from others.
- Customers will have more trust in your brand after taking a closing look at reviews. And they will come to a conclusion that your products or services are trustworthy.
- Search engines will give preference to your site where there are high quality user generated content. Therefore, you can have a higher expectation for improved SEO.
Enabling front-end content submissions is of great importance to your business. Below are some tips you can use to get more user generated content.
- Encourage users to leave comments on your website. It is recorded that 71% users are willing to make a deal on the product or service which comes with positive reviews.
- Allow users to better express their ideas with videos and photos.
- Be open to user-generated blog posts with the showcase of ads.
- Establish a closer relationship with users via a forum, message board, wiki, and more.
- Allow users to enrich your business directory.