With WordPress dramatically increasing in popularity, there are many web hosting providers that offer Managed WordPress hosting to their users. These solutions are built on particularly tuned software and hardware that ensures WordPress to run fast and securely as possible. Below we have a list of the top 10 best managed WordPress hosting providers this year.
Top 10 Managed WordPress Hosting
As a well known and a pioneer in the web hosting industry, WPEngine highly focus on Managed WordPress Hosting services. By leveraging multiple data centers, EverCache Technology, and CDN techonlogy, WPEngine is able to offers a securely environment which ensures users are protected from hackers and exploits. As their customers, you will receive proactive support from WordPress expert, get access to tons of eye catching themes and Plugins.
LiquidWeb Managed WordPress Hosting
LiquidWeb is a leader in web hosting industry for its unbeatable high quality hosting service. Managed WordPress hosting is relatively new products offered by them, but back up with world-class data centers, high performance web server with SSD, 100% uptime guarantee, and their talented WordPress expert, Liquidweb is able to offer you one of the best Managed WordPress hosting in the world.
Bluehost Managed WordPress Hosting
Bluehost is one of the best web hosts in the hosting market and has a great reputation in the industry, especially within WordPress bloggers. Their managed WordPress bluehost come with top notch technology and cinlude some of their rich features that helps make WordPress a better environment includes MOJO Marketplace, VPS Power, Enhanced cPanel, daily auto backups and etc. BlueHost also allows customers to upgrade RAM, CPU or SAN storage when needed.
HostGator Managed WordPress Hosting
HostGator offer high quality web hosting on both Linux and Windows hosting. As one of the largest web hosts world wide, HostGator hosting includes tons of features so that their customers could create website easily. HostGator guarantee 99.9% uptime and 45 days full money back. Hostgator is perfect for blogs, small business, web designers and etc. You can claim a 35% off using coupon “hostucan“.
GoDaddy Managed WordPress Hosting
Popular Domain Registrar, GoDaddy is global leader in the web hosting and domain market. GoDaddy recently released their managed WordPress hosting which is designed for running personal/blog sites. The company states users can build a WordPress site within 30 seconds. GoDaddy offers their customers over 1000 plugins and themes, nightly backups, 24/7 managed WordPress support. GoDaddy continues to get popular being a pioneer in the domain industry and now their service is getting noticed globally.
One of the newbies for managed WordPress hosting is FlyWheel. The company was launched a few years ago and has made a great scene onto the hosting market. FlyWheel boasts of having thousands of web designers across the globe and their main features are Free demo sites, WordPress Malware monitoring, Managed updates, SFTP Access. In addition to the features mentioned, FlyWheel allows its users to stage their websites first before going live. E.G. you may want to stage your site and experiment with colours and new designs before you make your site go live.
Dreamhost Managed WordPress Hosting
Being one of the leaders in the web hosting industry, DreamHost is a company that has been committed to provide a wide range of hosting solutions including managed WordPress Hosting to enables users with WordPress-optimized hosting environment. Furthermore, DreamHost offers customers with unlimited email accounts, fast varnish caching and the DreamHost managed team provide their customers their own WordPress optimized VPS web server.
Media Temple Managed WordPress Hosting
Being in the hosting industry for over 15 years, MediaTemple is a reliable managed WordPress hosting provider that helps webmasters be successful online. The company is a popular choice and some of their features are Blazing Fast Servers, Powerful Management Site tools, Exclusive themes, Custom control panel and etc. Furthermore, MediaTemple provides customers with integrated email, which is an all in one email system that includes contacts, calendar and full IMAP support. This ensures users to manage custom email accounts for themselves and their clients.
Powered by Amazon Web Services, Pagely is well known for their technical managed WordPress plans and is highly ideal for webmasters. Pagely includes some top notch features such as Fast Performance/PressCache, Built-in Redundancy, Developer friendly tools, Secure with PressArmor, and etc. What’s more is Pagely provides their customer with fast downloads, for media from their global networks with PressCDN feature. In fact, the company is very scalable which passes through their backend with EC2 instances that accommodates most WordPress apps.
Currently known for their customer satisfaction, Pressable has just been in the web hosting scene since 2010. The company offers rich managed WordPress hosting for developers, marketers and enterprises. Some of their highlighted features include Staging Sites, Server Side Optimization, Managed Updates, Dedicated WordPress Support and etc. What’s more, Pressable offer their customers scaling, which enables users websites up to 20x daily traffic consistently. Besides, the Pressable team handles all the users’ site performance to ensure faster website speeds.
Managed WordPress Hosting Shopping Tips
WordPress is a popular content management system for people to create blogs or websites. However, some people feel it a hassle to undertake technical issues under the hood. Based on that, here we see managed WordPress hosting in the marketplace for these people.
In a nutshell, it’s a kind of advanced WordPress hosting with the purpose of helping you run your WordPress sites more easily. In detail, web hosting providers will resolve the back-end issues related to WordPress, such as WordPress core updates, plug-ins installment, page loading optimization, website security maintenance, etc. On the other hand, you only need to focus on your website content with managed WordPress hosting.
Pros and Cons of Managed WordPress Hosting
Everything comes with pros and cons. Managed WordPress hosting is no exception, and its pros and cons are listed as following.
- Prompt updates – updates on operating systems, MySQL, PHP, Apache, etc. are responsibilities of your host if you choose this type of hosting service. Once there is a new version, its experts will automatically update the old to the new version.
- Regular backups – generally, the most of its providers automatically backup your entire server each day. And they allow easy data restoration as well.
- Strong security – updates and backups are beneficial to maintain your site secure. But managed WordPress hosting gives you more. The host companies usually deploy a range of security protocols to level up security. For example, they scan for malware every day. They block hacking attempts such as DDoS. Some of them are even based on virtual private server while a site on a shared server tends to face some dangers due to the neighbored poor websites, hacks, attacks, etc.
- Fast page loading speed – Managed WordPress web hosts optimize data centers, servers, other hardware, and software like MySQL, to deliver fast page loading speed. Even if your website encounters large traffic, page loading speed is fast as well.
- High uptime – since web hosts maintain websites every minute, and optimize them from every angle, websites are online all the time, even if a lot of traffic rushes in.
- Professional technical support – choosing it, you will get support from WordPress experts. They know WordPress inside and outside. They know which plug-in is helpful to your site. They will solve problems fast. So, if you ask for their support, you will not get response like “have you deleted unused plug-ins”. On the contrary, they will detect your problem and give you solution in a fast and professional way.
- High cost – without any doubt, managed WordPress hosting with better services are much more expensive than normal WordPress hosting.
- Less control – it is your host to undertake back-end issues for you. It is good, but on the other hand, you get less control over your server. For security, you host limits your access to configure servers. It blocks some plug-ins, such as caching plug-ins with the consideration of security and site performance. You can only install WordPress. Other CMSs like Drupal and Joomla are not acceptable.
Do you need managed WordPress hosting?
From above pros and cons of managed WordPress hosting, we believe you have a better understanding on this advantage hosting type. So, it is time to think about whether you really need this for your website.
If you run a simple blog or you can handle with back-end technical issues, then managed WordPress hosting at high price might not be proper for you. Go to a normal WordPress hosting and save a big budget.
However, if you operate a large WordPress based website, and your online business takes priority, then it could be a better option.
Ultimately, you know your situation best, so it all depends on you, and depends on how you weigh pros and cons of this type of hosting service.