Compared to the shared web hosting, a VPS runs its own OS, and it gives root access to the system to install almost any tools and software. Generally, VPS hosting works equivalent to a dedicated server, but also comes with cheaper price. In the following, we list out top 10 best VPS hosting who have done a great job in price value, uptime, speed and customer support.
Top 10 VPS Hosting
Inmotion VPS Hosting
Bluehost VPS Hosting
LiquidWeb VPS Hosting
HostGator VPS Hosting
A2Hosting VPS Hosting
Dreamhost VPS Hosting
MediaTemple VPS Hosting
SiteGround VPS Hosting
GreenGeeks VPS Hosting
GoDaddy VPS Hosting
When to Consider VPS Hosting
Generally, you start your web presence from shared web hosting. One is for low budgets. Another main factor is low technical knowledge required. However, there could be a time when you need to upgrade your shared hosting to a VPS for better performance.
But actually it all depends on you and your situation. If you site keeps high uptime and fast page loading speed along with enough resources all the time, then why you upgrade to VPS at much higher price?
If you are not where we mentioned above, you could refer to the following situations that you might need a VPS.
- Your website often gets heavy incoming traffic. And your host even informs you that you are occupying too many resources, which affects other user accounts on your same shared server. Even if you do not get such notifications, you can check your visitor traffic and load times to know the heavy traffic you are encountering. For the sake of reliability and page loading speed, VPS is better for you here.
- Your site dealing with sensitive information needs a secure hosting environment. As we know, shared hosting environment is vulnerable to be attacked by hackers. Moreover, you know little about your neighbors and their bad behaviors will affect your site. So, if your site requires a higher level of security, you had better to upgrade to VPS, which offers you a virtual dedicated hosting environment with SSH.
- You require more control. VPS allows you to access server and modify configurations. You can install any script or software you like. You can even install your custom software on the server. However, for the sake of security, shared hosting providers generally limit some scripts and software.
How to choose the best VPS Hosting
There are many web hosts provide customers with VPS hosting, but not all of them are reliable and powerful enough to address customers’ requirements. In below, we introduce a brief guide to help find the best VPS hosting for your sites.
- Server configuration: In addition to the company’s background and reputation, you need to take below critical VPS server configuration into consideration, like CPU Cores, RAM that we usually recommend to start with 512MB or more, bandwidth resources, distributions, etc. Do you want run your site on a Linux server? Or your application just requires Windows operating system.
- Managed level: managed or unmanaged option is based on your interests and technical knowledge. If you have mastered how to manage VPS, and you are happy to do that at the same time, then you can just pick up an unmanaged VPS, which will save you a lot of money. If not, you had better sign a contract with a managed VPS company, which will take care of your server, including updating OS, patching holes, optimizing performance, etc.
- Uptime and Speed: a good VPS hosting provider should guarantee its customers at least 99.9% uptime, as well as fast performance.
- Customer Support: when you confront with problems, its support team can be contacted easily, and offers helpful solutions responsively.
- Price: More importantly, the VPS hosting need to have a reasonable price. If the VPS is too cheap or too expensive, you should rethink about it.
Finally, we have to say above top 10 VPS hosting providers do well in above criteria. They offer high price value VPS hosting solutions. You could find out both unmanaged and managed VPS. Linux and Windows options are included above. The hosts guarantee high uptime and fast speed. Especially InMotion Hosting has Dell servers, SSDs, exclusive Max Speed Zones, redundant network, etc. to offer industry-leading performance. Support for customers at the hosts is 24 hours a day too.